Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sailfest Fireworks - 2012

This was my third time watching the Sailfest fireworks in four years. The previous times I've watched from the waterfront district of New London and I was so close to the action that I struggled to keep the larger bursts in the frame. This year we found an ideal position from which to watch down at Fort Trumbull. There was much more space, fewer people, and two tall ships in the foreground, including the USCGC Eagle, which all added up to a great experience for me and the family. I'm pretty happy with how these shots turned out. Do you have a favorite picture from this gallery?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dave Hotter said...

Very cool shots, you're getting good use of your Manfretto I see!

Dave Hotter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake Egbert said...

Thanks, Dave.
Although, I am shooting from a SLIK tripod. I researched the Manfretto, asked for the Manfretto, and then received the SLIK as a gift. I've been very happy with it.